Preparing for a Korean Wedding with My American Husband, Part 1: Budget, Venue, and Studio-Dress-Makeup Timeline

🌏 Life in Korea | Living with My American Husband 🌏 Language: 🇰🇷 KR | 🇺🇸 EN We’re a Korean–American couple who got married in Korea  May 2024 . We decided to hold only a Korean ceremony, while celebrating separately with our U.S. family with a nice dinner and photos later. Because of that, the entire process followed Korean wedding customs , which felt quite foreign to my husband. It was my first time, too, but I at least had some idea of what to expect from my friends and family. He, on the other hand, had never been exposed to how that process works in Korea — so everything felt new. For anyone preparing a wedding with an American or otherwise-foreign spouse unfamiliar with Korean wedding culture , I’m sharing our full wedding timeline and practical tips by stage based on our real experience.

[Daily Writing] The biggest difference between me and the person sitting next to me is… | Question #66 from “712 More Things to Write About”

🌿 Life Project | Daily Writing · ✍️ Daily Writing

🌏 Language: 🇺🇸 EN | 🇰🇷 KR


I fill my mind every night with endless imagination,
while the one beside me clears his mind by reading.

I love to blossom small talk before sleep,
while the one beside me drifts off quietly, book in hand.

And yet,
he has never once broken
the flowers of stories I’ve bloomed.

I delight in “what if” questions,
but the one beside me gets flustered by them.

Still,
he always offers an answer of his own.
And though I tease him for it —
I always end up smiling.

He and I are different.
The longer we share our days,
the clearer that difference becomes.

And still,
I love the nights
when I fall asleep beside him.

This article is the English version on Today 1 Step.

🌿 Life Project | Today 1 Step

This post is part of my Life Project series at Today 1 Step
a collection of personal journeys in creativity, growth, and mindful living.
From crafts and reading to family and self-discovery, each story captures small steps toward a more meaningful life.

👉 Explore other projects: View All Life Projects

✍️ Daily Writing | Today 1 Step

This piece is part of my Daily Writing project —
inspired by “712 More Things to Write About” by The Grotto.
Every day, I answer one question to explore myself and capture small moments of life.

👉 Read more: View All Daily Writing Posts

Comments